Job title: Producer (FreeFall)
Reporting to: Director (FreeFall) and General Manager of Unit Twenty Three
Payment: Initial fee of £3K (Invoice terms to be agreed)
The timescale for the production of FreeFall is yet to be decided. We will start development this summer.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Management of the key financials in relation to FreeFall
- Liaise with partners and funders
- Source further funding
- Project plan, budget, timeline etc
- Be an advocate for Freefall and Unit Twenty Three
- Press and public relations
The producer will need to demonstrate a minimum of three years’ experience in producing independent theatre projects. An experience of working in outdoor arts, although not essential, would be an advantage, this being one of the potential directions for the piece within a site sensitive context. The ideal candidate would also need to demonstrate a successful track record in coproducing and raising further investment beyond the current Arts Council investment.
– Excellent financial management skills
– Experience in raising public & private investment
– Partnership working experience
– Excellent online, in person & telephone communication skills
– Ability to work remotely & be self-motivated
– A team player
– Passion & drive to achieve ambitions
-Three years’ experience of independent producing
-Experience in producing outdoor events
-Knowledge of the East Region theatre scene
-Management of flexible portfolio of work
-Demonstrable contacts in the East to help the project grow
- Unit Twenty Three is a new social enterprise based in Diss, Norfolk.
- Stuart Mullins is a freelance theatre maker and the former Creative Director of Theatre Is.
- Anna Reynolds is a successful playwright commissioned by producers such as Paines Plough, Mercury Theatre, Trestle and Theatre Centre.
- Vanessa Cook is a renowned movement director and choreographer, recently working with Analogue and Creation Theatre.
- Rachana Jadhav, designer is the co-artistic director of Brolly Productions which recently toured Guantanamo Boy to venues throughout the UK.
FreeFall has received £25k through Grants for the Arts. However we envisage that to produce the piece in its fullest sense that an equal amount will have to be invested. Unit Twenty Three are supported by its partners in stage and lighting, CEG Productions and web media based company Cloud Artisans.
How to apply
Please send your CV and an expression of interest with the subject line ‘Freefall Producer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact Natasha Walsh the General Manager at Unit Twenty Three email@example.com or
Stuart Mullins – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit by 12 noon Monday 24th March 2014
Interviews to be held on Friday 28th March